Our core values
You will meet a beautiful person! Greeters are passionate inhabitants of their city and fond of meeting other people.
They propose themselves to share their sights on the city with travelers from around the world! You can live an alternative experience from far away!
The program was born in New York and is now present in many cities or regions.
It is a global worldwide program throughout 38 countries that shares the core values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeters support sustainable tourism. They respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Greeters aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter organizations create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
The Greeters are not intended to replace visits to the tourist office led by professionals.